Tuesday 24 September 2013

Matilda. Mathilda. Leon. Natalie Portman.

Let me just begin by stating outright that I adore Natalie Portman.
She is beautiful. She is wonderfully beautiful. Her look is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Don't get me wrong, I don't adore her because of such superficial reasons.

She is just as talented of an actor as any.

Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Queen Amidala is the first incarnation of Natalie Portman that I am able to draw out of my memories. How strange for me to fall for such a look? Natalie Portman has fascinated me since I was five, and Queen Amidala is probably the main reason why. There are no words to explain - I was young, I was naive and I could not control what I thought or what I felt. 


































V for Vendetta (2005)

Tell me you know what this movie is. Somewhere in my conscience, I have a slight feeling that I may have been 'forced' to watch this movie as a text to study. Oh English classes, how I wasted my time with you. But this may be one of my favourite movies ever. Of ALL time. This was an excellent movie. It was exhilarating. It was deep. It had action. It was just damn cool. (Don't get me wrong, I hate the word, but what else can sum up just a character as V and such a plot)
























Caught in the backdrop of a fascist regime, an anonymous 'freedom fighter' named V attempts to spark a revolution against the overwhelming force of the government. So where does Natalie Portman come in? She portrays a working class girl who happens to become accidentally enveloped in this wide array of events and V's mission. She gets bald in this film. Still beautiful. That is what beauty is: symmetry in baldness.





Leon: The Professional (1994)

This may have been her first movie. She may only have been 13. But she was amazing. She was too good. Watch it. There are no words. It was a great movie. Watch it. Just watch it.


























Okay here's some words: a young girl gets her 'family' killed by Gary Oldman (along with the DEA) because there is all these problems with Mathilda's (Portman's) father. Assassin/Professional named Leon is a temporary neighbour and he lets her in. The adventure begins.










































Too many movies to prescribe, too little time.
All in all, Natalie Portman is a fascinating creature.
                                       and she has collarbones.




No comments:

Post a Comment