Friday 9 August 2013

Begin. Inaugurate. Start.

As with everything, there must be a beginning, a middle and an end. This is the beginning.

The reason that this blog now exists or subsists (based upon devotion levels) can be traced down to two primary factors.

1. These past few nights have been uneventful. Routine has transitioned into boredom.
2. Tired of procrastinating online. Procrastinating procrastination. Why not turn that procrastination into something potentially interesting, dare I say, even worthwhile (perhaps)

The inter-web connects everyone and everything, yet ironically, this brings forth loneliness. You may wonder: how can being more connected lead to loneliness? If it is social network's aim to keep us connected to all of our "friends" every minute of every day, then we are never truly alone. However, if we are not able to be alone, then we will only be able to know how to be lonely.

The ironically paradoxical nature of what I have just said is just as apparent to me as it is to you. After all, creating a blog in order to combat routine and boredom? Trying to get away from social media sites but falling victim to the elusively termed blogosphere?

As humble as I may be, I welcome the blogging community, I may have little to no idea of what it entails, however I am delighted to be the newest citizen (although that may already be untrue by the time I complete this next word), of this online utopia. I imagine a blog to be somewhat of a haven, equivalent to the scene in Inception when Ariadne is learning how to create and manipulate the various facets of a dreamscape. This blog shall be my Limbo.

I do not anticipate this blog going anywhere or for it to ever even have eyes to be laid upon it. I am just another bored citizen of the internet trying to stop myself from wasting time by wasting time.

O

No comments:

Post a Comment